Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Economic Thought of Dr. King

Just a few links to some old posts of mine:

- The Economics of Dr. King

- On property. This is the quote: "I am aware that there are many who wince at a distinction between property and persons--who hold both sacrosanct. My views are not so rigid. A life is sacred. Property is intended to serve life, and no matter how much we surround it with rights and respect, it has no personal being. It is part of the earth man walks on; it is not man."

- Obama was right (and better at economics than a lot of my facebook friends at the time) on "you didn't build that", and King agreed with the sentiment.

I have several pages written from maybe six months back of a paper on Martin Luther King's economic thought. I should probably just get down to work and finish that this summer. Things are too busy now, though.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that Obama was right in some sense. It would be strange for a libertarian (I'm libertarian) to promote "I, pencil," but then bash Obama for that statement. It really just depends on what he meant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I have several pages written from maybe six months back of a paper on Martin Luther King's economic thought. I should probably just get down to work and finish that this summer. Things are too busy now, though."

    Where are you intending on submitting this paper on the economic thought of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.? Australia's History of Economics Review? The Review of Social Economy? Contributions to Political Economy? America's History of Political Economy? Italy's History of Economic Ideas? The Review of Political Economy? The European Journal for the History of Economic Thought? Or the Journal of the History of Economic Thought?

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.