Friday, August 31, 2012

Whoever you are, I salute you

I found this series of (fake) comments on this post. You made my morning, whoever you are (I have not had problems with my toilet, but I did have problems recently with the plumbing from the kitchen, just before it met the plumbing from the bathroom. That was about two weeks ago - the fix seems to be holding up well.



    1. Hey Daniel,

      I heard your toilet is broken. Perhaps you might want to consult Dr. Michael Emmett Brady for advice. He has some great writings on heterodox plumbing!

    2. Jonathan F. CatalanAugust 30, 2012 11:19 PM
      Daniel,

      Mises would reject the notion that your constantly flushing toilet is somehow a sign of "toilet failure" because Mises rejected the idea that the water in your toilet rests between the flushings in an equilibrium-like state. Enterpreneurs will break into your house and flush the toilet because there are profit opportunities. You should read something about his evenly rotating toilet.

    3. Daniel,

      you are young and smart but the dynamic modelling of toilets is a deep and subtle issue. Read Alchian 1990.




  • There is absolutly no merit in studying Hayek's Austrian theory of plumbing. As Sraffa has shown in 30s there is more than one "natural rate of flushing".
    Reply
  • Internet AustrianAugust 30, 2012 11:30 PM
    @Lord Keynes

    This is bullshit. You can deduce logically from basic axioms that the problem is actually too much toilet paper issued by the Fed.
    We should go back to gold instead of toilet paper out of thin air.

  • 5 comments:

    1. I also found the parody of myself to be somewhat amusing. XD

      ReplyDelete
    2. Best. Post. Ever.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I'll just point out that the last person anyone consulted was a plumber. I haven't got a solution or anything, but I really like David Graeber.

      That said, I think a plumber would be good.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Those are amusing comments! Well it's good to know that all is well with your kitchen and toilet, did I get it right? :-)

      find sydney plumber

      ReplyDelete

    All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.