Friday, August 10, 2012

Quote of the day

"The best social program is a productive job for anyone who's willing to work." - Ronald Reagan

I was reading some Reagan this morning because of a stupid facebook exchange, and was reminded of this piece of wisdom.




I don't know what it is but I always feel prone to people telling me what they want me to argue. And it's usually a variant on the formula from this morning: "I don't like Obama and I like Reagan and want to contrast the two; you like Obama therefore you must despise Reagan". I don't like everything Reagan did, but no - I don't despise him. In fact there's a lot that I really like about Reagan. Sub in Hayek/Keynes or whoever else. The other day I got the same formula with Ostrom/Stiglitz. Yeesh.

1 comment:

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.