Thursday, August 23, 2012

A thought on the drought (with applications to climate change)

If you wanted to know how a changing climate millions of years ago affected plants, you would ask a paleobotanist.


If you wanted to know how a changing climate millions of years ago affected animals' ability to survive you would ask a paleontologist that understood how animals deal with it.

 
You might also ask Ray Romano:
 
 
If you want to know how humans will act in the face of a drought (or climate change), you need to ask both climate scientists and the scientists who spend their time studying human behavior - the primatologists specializing in homo sapiens (you know - social scientists - preferably economists).

3 comments:

  1. Apart from the Ice Age picture, where did you get the other pictures? And who are they actual scientists, or actors playing scientists?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized you were two years old when Jurassic Park came out!

      (Yes everybody, I have access to the secret identity of Blue Aurora - and I will guard it with my life!!!)

      (Well, not my life. don't count on that Blue Aurora. But I will guard it!)

      Go watch Jurassic Park today. It is a little goofy in parts, but it's a fun movie.

      Delete
    2. Actually, I have seen Jurassic Park, at a very young age. I can't believe I didn't recognise it initially!

      Delete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.