Friday, April 6, 2012

Now that's a good way to scare off potential reviewers!

I am looking through Richard Edwards's Contested Terrain: The Transformation of the Workplace in the Twentieth Century for a paper for my U.S. Economic History class, and he writes this in the preface after thanking some people for reviewing the manuscript: "While I suppose I must accept final responsibility for any mistakes in what follows, these friends have pored over enough of my drafts that they cannot escape completely blameless" !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dorky thought: if he were to blame one of his reviewers for letting that line slip through to the final version of the preface, we would have something structurally analogous to the Liar's Paradox on our hands.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.