Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I guess since demonizing soldiers is more of a faux pas than it used to be...

...the morally superior bullies among us have turned to demonizing machines.

Which I guess is still better than demonizing soldiers, but I think the same message is still communicated.

You'd think from this tumblr we just send drones out to hunt down civilians and small children. Tell me - how is this any different from screaming "baby killer" at a soldier?

If you want to have a conversation about the very real costs of war, that's definitely a conversation worth having. It's critical to have, in fact. But of you want to just distort and demonzie, don't pretend you really care about the costs of war - just admit you enjoy being a jackass.

[Comments closed... it's just the smart thing to do on military-related posts, I've found]