Monday, April 16, 2012

I had a great day today

The foundation of the house we're under contract for met the engineer's approval this morning. Not done quite right, but in no need of additional work. So we should be able to close with no problems now.

Even more exciting, I was interviewed by an NPR reporter today on some engineering workforce stuff. I was giving him background, but he says he might want to get me in studio later in the week for material that will go on radio. Very cool!

And now the final version of the Sloan proposal is almost ready to go out the door.

A couple other family and school related hurdles to jump this week, but I'm hoping this unusually decent Monday bodes well...

2 comments:

  1. You are all quite lucky to live in Virginia. Have friends there, and saw the place was very green and with a lot of natural wilderness to couple with proximity to the big cities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luck has nothing to do with it. I've had many opportunities to leave and never felt the inclination.

      Delete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.