Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Three strange things I noticed in the grocery store this morning

1. A bunch of wine prominently advertised as "unoaked Pinot Grigio". Isn't that redundant? Who the hell oaks Pinot Grigio in the first place? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

2. A Vietnamese sauce, with all Vietnamese characters over the whole bottle except (1.) the name of the sauce, and (2.) a big "Made in the U.S.A." label at the bottom.

3. I think the last ten times I've been to the grocery store I've consistently spent within $3 of $30. If you're wondering how much a randomly selected hand basket of food costs at Giant, it costs $30.

2 comments:

  1. I think the last ten times I've been to the grocery store I've consistently spent within $3 of $30. All that tells us that about $30 worth of needed groceries is your trigger to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Needed' in sense of revealed demand :)

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.