Wednesday, February 1, 2012

SAVE THE WINE!!!!

HT - Evan, although since lately he seems too good for F&OST posts, I'll post it here.

He got this from the Lynfred Winery FB page. Lynfred is outside of Chicago, and I visited there when I was out to see Evan once. Surprisingly good for how far it is from the Blue Ridge foothills :)

The oldest wine I ever had was a Lynfred Winery wine. They had a 1995 Cabernet for something like $35 when I was there a few years ago. For all I knew it would be bad, but at that price I had to give it a shot. I'd never had one anywhere near that old. We had it with friends last year, so I suppose that's a sixteen year old wine. It was fantastic. The cork crumbled a little, but it tasted great.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the '95 Cab! That was one of my favorite vintages and now we're sold out. We look forward to seeing you back at Lynfred sometime soon! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.