Friday, September 14, 2012

A Climatology and Economics Symphony of Science

If you haven't see the Symphony of Science videos, you really need to go to the site and look at them (my favorites are "The Unbroken Thread", "Children of Africa", and "The Greatest Show on Earth"). They remix statements by scientists and science promoters on various themes.

The new one is on climate change and it has excellent climatology and economics (although there are no economists speaking) in the video. The economics is primarily statements about externalities, that what you do doesn't just affect you it affects lots of other people. They didn't give the complete story, of course - they didn't really go into what good social science predicts human beings will do in such a situation. But it's still great to see that in there.

The music in this one is not my favorite (believe it or not, sometimes remixing science lectures isn't melodious), but I still enjoy listening to new products of the project.

3 comments:

  1. I don't like to be negative, but I always found the Symphony of Science videos to be a tad bit pretentious.

    Mainly because the "lyrics" or the quotations of famous personalities sometimes contain general statements passed off as profound insights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading many of your website I staleness say i launch this fact one to mostly be top notch. I soul a weblog also and require to re post a few shears of your articles on my own diary site. Should it be alright if I use this as eternal I own testimonial your website

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just an excellent. I like reading whatever you write. For this post, I just want to say WOW…

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.