Monday, May 9, 2011

1920-21 request

I'm trying to churn out a quicker piece on 1920-21 for a call for papers using some of the research material I didn't use for the RAE article, and taking a somewhat different angle on it, and I have a request: does anyone know of any politicians (not economists/pundits) calling for fiscal austerity who use 1920-21 as an example? I know Ron Paul has specifically mentioned the episode in an interview, but I am unaware of any besides him. It would be ideal if they were British or American politicians but since the Brits didn't recover by the late 20s I doubt many of them would reference it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow - this is a treasure trove: Ron Paul, Pat Buchanan, and Michele Bachmann. That'll do.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.