Saturday, March 5, 2011

Richmond ideas?

Next weekend I am getting my Christmas present from Kate - a weekend trip to Richmond, Virginia that is heavy on history tourism. I was at a conference there briefly a couple years ago, and we've been to the suburbs to visit some friends, but it's been a while since I've gotten to explore the city.

I have a few ideas of where I want to go, but I was wondering if readers have any favorites. Any ideas on historic sites, and also good places to eat?

Below is a before-and-after sketch of Richmond during the war.

3 comments:

  1. Wineries, right?? Rumor has that there's a winery near Richmond that (sometimes) has a White Norton. I think it may be back later this year :)

    I actually don't know much about Richmond, so I hope you get more (better) feedback that I can check out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya - we won't make it down to New Kent if that's what you're thinking - but I think we should at least get to James River Cellars.

    Have you opened anything you picked up at Dry Mill? We've had two of them and were re-surprised at how good they are. Big-time kudos to New Kent and Dry Mill for being relatively new establishments that you could be fooled into thinking that they had been doing it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have--the Norton, of course! We used the new wine aerator, which worked beautifully. Yum :)

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.