Thursday, November 8, 2012

Webinar I'll be tuning into

What better to listen to while painting another room in the house than "Doctoral Glut Dilemma: Are There Solutions?", hosted by the American Chemical Society and featuring Paula Stephan and Richard Freeman.

I've had the opportunity to get to know Richard at the NBER engineering labor force conferences, and he's really become a guy I look up to in the field. He's done important work on a lot of the things I'm interested in, including the high skill labor market, racial labor market disparities, and the economics of education. He's even written a paper on Economic Possibilities for Our Grandchildren!

Paula Stephan is always excellent too - she's focused more narrowly on academic labor markets, which I am less interested in. But she is the one to go to for information on gluts in the biologist labor market.

I'll post thoughts here later if I have them.

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to have either Richard Freeman or Paula Stephan on your doctoral dissertation committee?

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.