Sunday, November 25, 2012

Tyler Cowen as A.C. Pigou

A very thoughtful review of Wapshott's book by Noah Smith includes this and other analogies to the modern blogosphere. I think that's good. I've never quite been comfortable with the take on Cowen as an impartial judge. He does have a clear viewpoint, and yet there is an air of impartiality about him. Noah nails it - Cowen is Pigou!

Read the review - great stuff in there. Except I'm pretty sure Economica is still going strong.


  1. Yes, sorry, my mistake. Fixed it.

  2. While Noah Smith made a good review of Wapshott's book, I have to reiterate myself...

    Is the Keynes/Hayek clash really new? There are apparently foreshadowings of the essence of their debate in the Enlightenment. See the following book review and paper for reference.


All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.