Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Yes

Xkcd on communication. Alt text says "anyone who says they're great at communicating but 'people are bad at listening' does not understand how communication works".


The applications to the blogosphere should be obvious.


The corrolary, of course, is "anyone who says they're great at listening 'but people are bad at communicating' does not understand how communication works".


What is also so great about the blogosphere (often, at least) is that you get back and forths, clarifications, development of reputations over time, etc.


2 comments:

  1. I saw that. I didn't understand the cartoon, so I thought the alt text was quite appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me depressed about the viability of all the post-hegelian stuff on recognition that I've read, and to which I've offered no small amount of assent.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.