Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Brief update

- This morning I submitted my review of Beyond Stock Stories and Folktales: African Americans' Paths to STEM Fields. I have mixed feelings on it. It was a little rough around the edges and I disagreed with the approach in a few of the chapters, but overall it was a good contribution to the literature, I think. The real strength was that in dedicating a whole volume to the issue, they were able to explore a lot of sub-dimensions (like the interaction of race and gender), they had lots of mixed-methods, and they also had a good mix of traditional program evaluation and broader "think pieces". So the collection as a whole stood up well, even though there were weaknesses.

- Last week Marla and I submitted our paper on employment outcomes for drop outs to the Review of Black Political Economy. I also completed my chunk of work that I had to do for our Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization R&R. So hopefully that's two more.

- Now I'm writing up a very interesting paper that covers Keynes, Newton, and the Soviets.

- I am also going to be spending the week pretending that I don't have to put the finishing touches on this NBER chapter and send it back to my co-author. This is probably the one thing I know I'll be able to get done.

1 comment:

  1. Just what do Keynes, Newton and the Soviets have in common, Daniel?

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.