Friday, January 7, 2011

Second economics PhD application is in!!!

...does anyone know where this is?

The last three will follow shortly. I'm applying to a small number of schools, but I have a master's degree, a great job, and some roots so I'm giving myself license to be picky (that, and I have a good range of schools in terms of competitiveness).

A hint for those interested in early 20th century history... I would guess most people would agree that this guy was the most famous practitioner of economics to work at this university:


UPDATE: The school is Johns Hopkins University and the economist is Richard T. Ely. I probably should have said "late nineteenth-early twentieth century". Ely is most famous for being the founder of the American Economic Association.

2 comments:

  1. Universities all look the same to me, and I do not know who that is. But good luck with your application.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.