Thursday, September 1, 2011

So I met Nick Gillespie yesterday

I was just coming off the escalator at Arlington Courthouse metro and saw a guy sitting on a bench that looked a hell of a lot like Gillespie - so I asked him if he was Gillespie, and sure enough he was! He was waiting to see a movie with some friends at the Courthouse movie theater. He asked if I read Reason, and I didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't that much of a fan, so I said I sometimes read it (which is true). Gary, I also mentioned that I knew a guy who read it a lot and shared stuff from it with me - so I know you know Virginia, but now Nick Gillespie is aware of your existence in some vague way that he'll probably have forgotten about by now.

8 comments:

  1. Funny, I met Gillespie and spoke to him at the State Policy Network conference in Seattle last week. He is a very approachable and overall nice guy. His recent appearance on Bill Maher was classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're actually friends on FB, though I've never personally met him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HE WAS! See, he looked an awful lot like him anyway, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. But since he was wearing the black jacket and the black jeans I figured I had to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was wearing the infamous black leather jacket with black jeans when I saw him as well. If I didn't know any better, I would say he was an anarchist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did he get rid of the moustache? That was the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While GG may not have met him, I have no reason to doubt that Nick doesn't know of GG, or any of a number of pseudonyms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nonymous,

    Well, again, given that we are friends on Facebook, yeah, I am pretty sure he knows of my existence.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.