"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking" - JMK
- 300 years of financial crises, 1620-1920
- More evidence on how historical censuses counted labor and whether it matters for our estimates of returns to scale in manufacturing
- Why should space exploration get more money than ocean exploration? Paltry as our post-Apollo exploration efforts has been (relative to what they ought to be - of course we've done some amazing stuff), ocean exploration is even worse and arguably ought to be much more substantial. (broader discussion at Nat Geo here).
- More Moynihan Report anniversary work out of the Urban Institute (if you're interested in this they had some stuff out earlier in the year too which you should be able to find discussed with the search function on this blog).
- And speaking of anniversary retrospectives, EPI has a report out on some of the unfinished work of Dr. King (we've also discussed this on here a lot before, particularly policy recommendations in his last book).
For the Weekend...
2 hours ago