Monday, March 4, 2013

Note to self

In the future, when submitting a proposal to the graduate student research conference at AU (because, what the hell - why not) make your colleagues submit some proposals too.

Just got informed I was accepted - but I'm on a panel with two education presentations with me talking about my job creation tax credit research. Most of the applicants look like humanities and some anthropology/women's studies/sociology type stuff.

It's OK - I'll probably think up motivating slides about patterns in labor demand for low education workers, wage trends for these workers, etc. to segue into policy responses. But it would have been great to have a lot of econ students so there could be a proper economics panel.

1 comment:

  1. What's the theme of the panel at the AU graduate student research conference?

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.