Saturday, December 4, 2010

Nick Rowe is a wise man

Just read this. I concur in the comment section too.

*****

I have to say - thank God for blogging. I'm guessing I would not have the opportunity to read the positions of various international economists like Rowe as easily without it (although Rowe isn't too far). I wouldn't even get in the brain of American economists as intimately and often without it. And I also get the chance to read guys like Lee and stickman who I think are sharper than probably 80% of the professional economists I follow... maybe without as voluminous or technical an understanding as those professionals, but with easily greater insight. Even amateurs that I think have relatively more wrong than Lee and stickman, like Jonathan and Mattheus (and I have no illusions that the feeling isn't mutual) still present, in my mind, a fairer, clearer, more interesting, and less hostile case than 80% of the professional Austrians I follow. What an amazing technological development this is. I don't think it's the future of scholarly work or anything. I don't think blogging has that potential. It's the future of the seminar room and the water cooler, though. It lets ideas stew in my head but with a much, much wider field of people to bounce ideas off of and to hold each other accountable. How wonderful is it that I am transitioning from amateur to professional with blogging at my finger tips. I think that's going to be a huge advantage, and I intend to take full advantage of it.

OK... off to farmer's market, some work, some shopping, some movie watching, some home-improvement at the in-laws. Have a good weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Daniel - the feeling is mutual, but we still respect you :)

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.