Wednesday, January 15, 2014

APPAM Fall Conference Submission Appeal

The Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management's Fall research conference is now accepting proposals. It is the top academic conference for public policy, and the new president - Jane Waldfogel - is really sharp. It's in Albuquerque, New Mexico this year and I wanted to make a special appeal to readers potentially interested in submitting a panel. Kate's mom lives outside of Albuquerque and this would be a great two-birds-with-one-stone excuse to get out there so I really want to go.


I'll submit a proposal either way, but submissions of full panels always have a much higher likelihood of getting in. I'd like to submit my paper on a generalize maximum entropy version of propensity score matching. I think a general methodologically oriented panel would work great (really any kind of evaluation methods you have that you'd like to present), or any kind of applied work featuring propensity score matching so I could frame it as a propensity score panel. I am happy to do the grunt work of submitting the panel (I've done it before here successfully).


If anyone has any interest AND thinks you'll hoof it out to New Mexico, or if you're interested in submitting something else that you think I might be interested in working something up for, please let me know either in the comment section or by email.

2 comments:

  1. Its good to read your blog with such an interesting topic. you are giving regular updates and we come to know many information. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

    Cine Updates

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ambiguity Aversion and Its Public Policy Implications"?

    :-P

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.