Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New Comment Policy

I meant to mention this the other day, but forgot. I'm not going to be completely hands off about commenting anymore. I used to only remove comments that insulted other people in an ad hominem way, but I'm going to be more rigorous now. I'm exercising my free speech in this respect, not limiting yours. My blogging activity is going to go steadily down over the next several months and will be much lower in the fall and I want my blogging to be productive.

If you tell me that my ideology is immoral or that I want to shoot people to get my way (the comment that inspired this change of policy yesterday) or that my ideology demands mass imprisonment, I'm simply going to delete it. I don't want that clouding discussion. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about and I don't have the time to walk you back off that ledge.

If you don't like that, you can feel free to comment somewhere else.

7 comments:

  1. A private entity cannot in anyway limit free speech except via the state, so I don't think anyone would accuse you of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have thought so too, but mobsrule did shortly before I deleted him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... except via coercion - which may or may not be from the state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No hard feelings, btw Gary. You're a great regular commenter. Some things I just don't want to look at, don't want to distract from the discussion, and don't want to bother responding to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, it is your blog. I only maintain a presence here (as I would in your home) via your consent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yer cruisin for a deletin, hippie

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.