Monday, February 13, 2012

Bon Iver at the Grammys

Bon Iver, who earlier made some rather pointed remarks on the Grammys in refusing to play for last night's events, happily won for best new artist.  Some interesting commentary has ensued.  The Washington Post mentions people who are confused by Justin Vernon... as far as I'm concerned, though, if you're on the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack, you're probably no longer underground/unknown.  In any case, I don't have a clue who Skrillex or Nicki Minaj are, so the feeling is mutual for those confused fans.

Slate has an interesting post up as well, and I'm not sure what I think of it.  I like the sentiment they quote from MGMT from a few years ago, though: “If we go back underground, will you follow us?”

Following is the opening track from Bon Iver's latest album, and his acceptance speech last night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.